Skip links

Vehicle Donations

donate & make an impact!

Have An Unwanted Vehicle?

Donate it today and support our full-scholarship training program and Sing! children’s chorus

Do you have an unwanted car, truck, trailer, RV, boat, motorcycle, lawn mower, or any form of motorized vehicle that you would like to donate to the Music Academy?

Create space in your life while creating opportunities for musicians around the world! Our partner, CARS (Charitable Adult Rides and Services), makes the donation process simple and streamlined. They take care of everything – from the pick-up and sale of your vehicle, to providing you with the donation receipt and necessary tax documents. You receive a tax deduction for your donation, and the Academy receives a check for 80 percent of the net sale proceeds.

For more information and to schedule a convenient pick-up of your vehicle, please call 855-500-RIDE (7433), email, or submit our Vehicle Donation Form

Vehicle Donation FAQ’s

We accept most cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RV’s, motorcycles, off road vehicles, heavy equipment and most other motorized vehicles. If you have any questions about what you can donate, please call 855-500-RIDE (7433) seven days a week.

Yes! Individual tax situations vary so please check with a tax professional to determine how you may benefit.

The amount that is tax deductible is the sale price of the vehicle. For more information on tax write-offs, we suggest you review IRS Publication 526 which sets forth the manner in which the IRS requires you to determine the value of your donated property.

Yes, the tow truck driver will issue a receipt at the time of pick-up. This is not your final tax receipt unless the sale of your vehicle does not exceed $500. This initial acknowledgement will indicate your name as well as the year, make, model and condition of the car you are donating. It will be your only receipt if your vehicle sells for less than $500. An IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes will be mailed to you within 30 days of the sale stating the amount of gross proceeds received from your car, provided your vehicle sold for more than $500. This will be your tax receipt for your charitable contribution.

You will need the title to the vehicle, but if you do not have it, please call anyway. It is possible that other arrangements may be made. Please call 855-500-RIDE (7433) seven days a week for more information.

For states that require smog certificates or safety inspections, you may donate your vehicle without these documents.

Yes. We are able to accept most vehicles running or not. Exceptions include older vehicles whose value would not offset the cost of towing. Most vehicles need to be intact and in towable condition. To find out if we can accept your vehicle, please call 855-500-RIDE (7433) seven days a week.

Your vehicle will be towed away at a scheduled time convenient for you. The vehicle will be picked up by a licensed tow company at no cost to you and will be taken to a sale location.

CARS is able to pick up most vehicles in the continental United States.

CARS Full-Scholarship Recipient

"My time at Music Academy was life-changing... the support by the faculty and staff was eye-opening. I am truly grateful."

William Shi

William Shi

2022 Collaborative Piano fellow